Translate this blog

Wednesday 12 June 2013

I can see stars!

For the first time since leaving Halifax, the sky has actually cleared. This might have been proceeded by a spell of torrential rain, strong easterly winds and a very lumpy sea, but none the less it is an event to be noted.

Now that the skies are clearing the wind has also swung to the south at around 20-25 knots, and we have finally picked up some speed, reaching at 7-8 knots. Which is good, but rather uncomfortable, as the seas still have a SE component, meaning we are crashing through them quite hard.

I have also played musical bunks with E and M. It is far too bouncy in their cabin tonight, so M has my bunk, and although E could have shared it with him, she elected to sleep on my cabin floor. I have the doghouse, which is fine as long as I sleep in wet weather gear, and keep my mouth shut. The deck leaks don't taste great!

Position as of midnight.
41 54N 57 58W

--

1 comment:

  1. at least you are making progress homeward bound - and not having to contend with the cull taking place at the forge - lol. love Bette x x

    ReplyDelete