Translate this blog

Saturday 22 June 2013

Lost Comms

Message from Croix des Gardes - they have lost the marine pack aerial for the satellite phone and also the USB interface through wave action and salt wate ingress but at the moment the text message function still works. As such they shall no longer be able to update you all here nor read any comments until they make landfall - however do keep them coming as they'll be able to catch up next week.

I shall continue to send them what weather info I can and shall post here each time I hear from them. Their last position had them 870nm to run and sitting out the last of the storm.

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Crickey!

    It sounds like they've taken a bit of thumping. I'm looking forward to hearing they are safely home.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, how are the children?
    Hoping they are back on dry land sooner rather than later I should think!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete